From Ali Lown <...@lown.me.uk>
Subject Re: Setting up a Wave Server
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2013 12:14:26 GMT
@Eduardo/Bruce:

MongoDB is only a valid store type for signer information, account
information, and attachment metadata. It is not a delta store, so can not
persist waves.

As Bruno said, the only persisiting delta store is 'file'.

@Eduardo:
You say you have issues with mongodb and attachments, could you create a
JIRA ticket and attach your server.config

@Bruce:
Regarding your 'comment'. Google Groups are mailing lists, simply with
Google's UI attached. As an ASF project, we use the Apache hosted lists
instead. As your main complaint seems to be about search, ths reason the
archives don't is because Google (and other search engines) are
automatically indexing them much better than a homebrew solution would.
Ahdn you want to search the archives, simply use Google (possibly with the
'site' directive).

There has been discussion on using Wave for the development talk (a process
known as 'dogfooding'),  but this requires a way to 'mirror' this
information back to the ASF list - as that is designated to be the official
source of information for all project. (Bruno has written some POC code to
do this - check the archives for the discussion at the time).

Ali