From Eduardo Cruz <zenuza...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up a Wave Server
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2013 11:29:41 GMT
Hi Bruce,

You can use the hostname instead of the IP address. Although the ip address might change often,
the hostname should be rather static.
As for MongoDB, in my case, it works fine for persisting waves, but I have issues with storing
attachments. That might be a MongoDB configuration issue though.

Regards,
Eduardo
No dia 27/10/2013, às 06:52, Bruce Hellstrom <bruce@celebritycc.com> escreveu:

> Hello,
>
> This is my first post so I have some questions and comments.
>
> I've successfully built and have the wave server running and for the most part it works.
>
> 1) When configuring the IP addys and ports in the server.config file, is there a way
to specify that I want it to bind to my network address without a domain name and/or if my
ip address is dynamic and might change.  I tried 0.0.0.0:9898 and *:9898 but those don't seem
to work.  Where I'm going to install this server, the ip addresses will change occasionally
and it would be nice if I didn't have to configure this manually every time.

> 2) I specified to use mongdb for storage.  However, even though mongo is running and
listening on the default port, my waves do not persist between server launches.  Is there
some other configuration I need to do in mongo or somewhere?  I don't see anything in the
server output referring to mongo and the server seems to run just fine, but won't persist
the waves.

> Now a comment
>
> Is is possible to use something else for these mailing lists, like a google group?  I
know there was an old google group but now it's closed.  Mailing lists are so archaic and
there's no search capability in the archive website, so finding answers to questions means
browsing through 3 years of posts to maybe find something. Maybe someone could setup, I don't
know, hmm, a wave server for this.  Isn't that what the whole wave project is about is getting
rid of all these ancient forms of collaboration?  It seems like such a weird contrast to be
working on something to pave the way to modern collaboration and then use such an ancient
tool for the development process here.