From John Blossom <jblos...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Wave Hangout - Link to Episode One
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 17:15:42 GMT
Thanks to Alex North, Ali Lown, Bruno Gonzalez, Jérémy Naegel, and Joseph
Gentle for their active participation in our first Apache Wave team
hangout. We also saw Christian Grobmeier trying to connect briefly, and
some others are listed as having went, but that was the core group online.
You can view the event at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNF_-ogcoIA

We had a pretty good discussion, though it would have benefited from others
more focused on OT, no doubt. I think that we've demonstrated how to use
the technology to communicate in the community and to further leverage it
to make the world more available of Apache Wave development and where it
stands. I don't what to be the permanent host of these hangouts, or any
person-to-person communications, but I am glad to help facilitate them as
needed. It's a communication tool, and any way that we can use it as a
community in ways that reinforce its goals and values is good.

The main question coming out of this hangout from my perspective is this:
how to we choose a path for development that will result in a powerful
solution for mobile collaboration that can support multiple apps in a
common data model? I don't know that a Hangout is the place to solve that,
this is probable the best place to start. In the meantime, I will be glad
to help create a new "office hours" event on Hangout and have people decide
what they want to discuss. Thanks to everyone who participated, the
logistics seem to have worked out pretty well.

John Blossom