From Yuri Z <vega...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Frequent turbulence bugs resolved with updated client server protocol patch
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 07:57:09 GMT
I think Kirill raises here an important question - i.e. what should be the
relations between the Apache Wave project and other WIAB based products.
The issue is a bit tricky, because as I see it - Apache Wave cannot endorse
or promote other commercial projects on one hand, but on the other hand it
would be great to have many WIAB based servers - including third party
servers like wiab.pro, which can inter-operate with each other and
contribute back to the main project.
In my opinion, the solution would be like this:
1. The third party demo servers will be put in different section and we
will clearly state that those servers are not endorsed by Apache.
2. Only servers that are satisfy the following conditions will be
considered legitimate:
a) WIAB based
b) Free to use
c) Actively contribute back to Apache Wave.

I think such a solution will allow to grow the Apache Wave community and
provide information about third party WIAB based servers that take part in
WIAB development.

What you think?