From Ali Lown <...@lown.me.uk>
Subject Re: wave stops updating
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 08:28:20 GMT
Eric,

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WAVE-315
> I spoke to alown on IRC who said that issue 315 shouldn't affect
(effect?) bots.

To clarify on my comment: there have been no previously reported problems
with the local bots when using a single user tha are due to concurrency
issues (which seemed to be the cause of the problems in 315). It is
theoretically possible to have concurrency problems with the bots.

> Copies of my server config and logs are attached.

Sadly the ASF mailing list eats all attachments. Can you put them somewhere
and link.

> UPDATE:
> I tried again with the default server.config file and it seems to work
properly now (though its a bit slow).  So maybe its just my config file?  I
still get the "Websocket is not connected" warning though so it may still
be a bug.

Sounds like the socket.io fallback may be kicking in since you say it is
slow.

> Assuming it's just my crummy config file, how should I write my
configuration so that my wiab is available to the rest of my LAN?

Depends. More details will be needed to answer this. :)

> While I'm at it:
> How do I kill the server?  I've just been doing "kill $!" but I was
hoping there was a more graceful way.

There is no better way, the server is designed to exit nicely in this
signal.

> And, how do I delete a wave?  I have a bunch of empty waves I don't know
how to get rid of.

What do you mean by delete? Removing all participants means it no longer
shows in the list. Deleting its folder inside _deltas/ and restarting will
have permanently destroyed the wave.

Ali