From Ali Lown <...@lown.me.uk>
Subject Re: A New Committer
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 14:28:03 GMT
Heh. This saves us having to write an [ANNOUNCE] for you...

> One key thing that I'd like to chip away at is getting our Web presences
> sussed out a bit more. Web sites/ownership, social media presences,
> communications with the media - all of these need to get organized for
> success.

I am not sure what sort of 'social media presence' would make sense
for an Apache project? Could you clarify?

> Example: shouldn't waveprotocol.org be labeled clearly as an
> Apache Wave asset?

The wave protocol site is controlled by Michael (IIRC), and is was not
originally directly related to the Apache project, rather the
open-source protocol behind wave. (Of which we seem to have become the
keepers).

We have had several attempts in the past to migrate the useful
information over to the wiki here, which I think is now complete.
(If anybody knows any relevant, up-to-date information left on
waveprotocol.org that is not on the wiki here, please add it!)
As such, I don't know if there is any point in keeping
waveprotocol.org any more? (Perhaps it should just redirect to our
incubator site?)

Ali