From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Wave 0.4 based on RC2
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 06:13:39 GMT
On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Michael MacFadden <
michael.macfadden@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am also a -1 currently.  Another thought, I had is do we have a plan for
> posting the release to the web site in a downloads section?
>
> Perhaps I can help with that.

This docs might be helpful:
https://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html

Basically, once the release passed the vote it needs to go to a specific
SVN directory (this is a pretty new requirement). From there it will be
mirrored.

There are some docs at the Incubator website too, but they are outdated and
need a fix:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#understanding-distribution

Every project I know create some kind of release plan in a wiki or webpage.
It describes every step which needs to be done to produce a new version. I
suggest Wave does the same, it' s really helpful.

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de