From "Bruno Gonzalez (aka stenyak)" <sten...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Community mailing list?
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 06:44:00 GMT
On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Upayavira <uv@odoko.co.uk> wrote:

> Creating new mailing lists divides communities and should therefore be
> done with caution.
>
> This community was, until recently, extremely quiet. I'm open to the
> idea of another list, but I want to see that it will have the right
> effect, and not unnecessarily divide an already small community.
>
> Really, the mission that the ASF has taken on is that of the development
> of WIAB. All other goals are more amorphous, and it will take time to
> see what shape they will take and how they might fit here.
>
> If folks want it, can we start by using message subjects, eg [DEV] or
> [GENERAL] as subject prefixes?

I'm in favour of this suggestion. In my past experience with small/immature
communities splitting discussions like this, I also agree it's probably
best to wait some weeks/months. So after (not before!) the level of
offtopic (i.e. non "-dev") threads becomes too high, only then the
discussion is split into several lists.
--
Saludos,
     Bruno González