From Pratik Paranjape <pratikparanj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wave Future Options
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 18:20:25 GMT
I think the point is, we need to work to each others strengths. Joseph
loves to work on js, and has awesome sharejs experience. Some others like
GWT, and there is a bunch of old code. Having not a huge community to
choose from, at least for now, if we can tune into our passions and let
everyone do the bit they have their minds tingling about, we can get to a
point where we may have enough improvements already. That is why I spoke of
interop. Instead of 100%java or 100% js, we can use things like message bus
and redis pub-sub to connect individual components. This is even beneficial
for a project like Wave. We may even have a node.js server handling
front-end and passing requests to java OT processor or doing its page
requests work (e.g running search query for mongo). We can use old code +
java + generate new interest using cool modern technologies. We only have
to make sure to agree on making big protocol changes or deciding message
interfaces, delta formats etc. Because the standard will be the important
filtered product of the combined efforts. win-win.