From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Wave 0.4 based on RC2
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 19:26:35 GMT
You can expect this release to take quite a few attempts.

Let me explain a little of how the incubator works:

The votes that 'count' are those of the Project Management Committee
(PMC) responsible for the code base. In the case of a project in the
Incubator, it is the Incubator PMC that vouches for it to the ASF.

Therefore, for while project committer and other votes are really
important, for the vote to pass it must have three +1 votes from
incubator PMC members (on this list, that includes myself and Christian
- so we would need to seek at least an additional vote for it to pass,
by announcing the vote on general@incubator.apache.org).

In one sense, releasing code is pretty easy - make a zip and ship it. At
Apache, we add constraints about how a release is done, so that our
users know what they can expect of it. The first release is therefore
always the hardest, as it typically gets a lot of vetting, and goes
through a lot of iterations - the vast majority of which have nothing to
do with the actual code itself, but more to do with crossing the legal
't's.

So expect some iterations. It is possible to assume that this is people
just being difficult - please give us the benefit and let the process
continue, and both this release will go out, and Wave will be set up to
be able to make future releases much more easily, as all those 't's will
still be crossed.

Upayavira

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013, at 08:09 PM, Alfredo Abambres wrote:
> I only counted 2 "-1" and a lot of "+1".
> How does the voting work? Does some of the two "-1" has the ability veto
> decisions?
>
> http://alfredo.abambres.com
>
> *"Moving, always moving, and living inside movement". Rainer Maria Rilke*
>

> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 7:50 PM, Yuri Z <vega113@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hmm, strange, I didn't receive the vote results...
> >

> > On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM, John Blossom - Shore Communications Inc. <
> > jblossom@shore.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks, Ali, I look forward to going through the whitepapers materials,
> > not
> > > as a gatekeeper but for my own interest and feedback.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > >
> > > John

> > well,

> > like