From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mailing Lists vs Wave
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 19:21:25 GMT
On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Bruno Gonzalez <stenyak@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Fleeky Flanco <fleeky@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> in that case, could there be a debug server and an official server?
>
> I have no idea if Apache can let us a share of one of their servers for a
> wiab install, but if that's not the case then "we" would have to do it
> ourselves. And by "we", I mean that an actual person would have to step
> forwards in this mailing list and offer a server for it. I have thought
> about doing so myself, I recently tried to deploy wiab in a shared host
> where I currently keep my personal website and other stuff, but have had
> numerous problems (it's a shared server without root permisions, and my
> account gets closed everytime I use too much CPU or disk, so it's difficult
> to work like that).
>
> Does anyone know if Apache could let us a server to use (even if it's a VPS
> with just 200mbs of ram... as long as it can run wiab)?

I know from other projects which got virtual servers for their
specific needs. Like for example, OpenOffice runs a PHP driven message
board. I think one of the criteria is, Apache Infra will not touch the
VM. The project is responsible for it. In case of an emergeny Infra
would immediately shut down the service.

Here is a list of services and vms run by our infra:
http://www.apache.org/dev/machines.html

In theory, it should be possible to get such a box. Details need to be
fleshed out with infra@apache.org. They might have additional
questions and might want to know about a volunteer who is doing the
maintenance and such.

Infra likes to work on IRC, so maybe once the project has discussed
the requirements for such a box, you could ping them before sending an
request on IRC.
Details are here:
http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-volunteer.html

Cheers