From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hello
Date Sat, 25 May 2013 08:17:54 GMT
Hello John,

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 11:37 PM, John Blossom <jblossom@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a member of WaveWatchers, a group of enthusiasts who remain devoted to
> the concept of Wave and its future. I am trying to get a hand as to the
> coordination of Apache Wave today. Yuri Zelikov, I know that you remain
> active in the coding of projects in the Incubator community, and that
> you've done a lot through the years to keep Wave-in-a-Box on the map. But I
> am not sure of the structure of how your efforts fit into the bigger
> picture.

First off, the Apache Software Foundation is a group of volunteers
doing projects together.
At Apache Wave, there are more people to be considered active and so
it would be wrong
to just only ask Yuri.

For more information on the ASF, please read:

* www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html

Please also note that the Incubator is a kind of meta project for
hosting other projects
which want to come to the ASF.

That said it would be good if you could explain what you mean with
"bigger picture".

> I'd be grateful for an update from any and all concerned. I and others are
> interested in re-architecting Wave for more full-blown implementation and
> propagation.

Surely, you and your fellows are invited to join the project on the
dev list and discuss
changes to the Apache Wave protocol. Please note, so far I see the
term "Apache Wave"
is a trademark of the Apache Software Foundation. Developing another
"Wave" protocol
outside of this project might make lead to trademark confusion and
need to be discussed
more in detail.

While it is surely to our all benefit to join forces, it needs to be
clear that this project
is not necessary required to implement the specifications of a third
party. This being
said, it is better to discuss your proposed changes here, on the
developer mailing list.

All the best,
Christian

--