From Bruno Gonzalez <sten...@gmail.com>
Subject Federating with self-signed certificates
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 19:48:34 GMT
Hey there,
I'm attempting again to make my wave server federable, and have some
questions that I hope someone can answer:
1) Is there any wave server out there that will accept self-signed
certificates? I'd like to test this first, before I try ca-issued
certificates (because I'm guessing it may be more difficult to achieve that
and I want to start simple, though I may be wrong).
2) The check-certificates.sh script seems to be outdated, it assumes that
either run-config.sh or run-config.sh.example exist, but none of them exist
anymore (I'm in git master branch). Can I simpy comment out those checks in
check-certificates.sh and go ahead, or is something important really
missing if I did that?
3) The initial setup I'm aiming for is this: use my own desktop pc (running
debian sid), forward whatever ports are necessary in the router (so far
I've forwarded 9898 tcp incoming), and assume people can access my wiab
server through my dyndns subdomain (which is in the form "foobar.dyndns.org").
Is this setup enough for testing federation, or would I need to
purchase/use a domain that *I* fully control (e.g. "foobar.com") in order
to configure it in ways that dyndns may not allow?

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
Saludos,
     Bruno González