From John Blossom <jblos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving Wave Forward
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 20:17:48 GMT
Thanks, Upayavira. With that in mind, I'd be grateful for views from this
group and perhaps others in ASF as to how best to move forward with
branding and product management for client-side components.

I think that the challenge here is that rebuilding the Wave brand in the
eyes of developers, platform implementers and users will take significant
effort. So whatever ASF does, renewed commitment to both development and
commercial success need to be fostered strongly. Realistically, without the
sponsorship of major commercial interests, some initial funding under some
banner may be required to make that happen, which I know does not fit into
the ASF foundation structure. This is where a Wave.org-style presence,
managed however people feel is appropriate, may help both Apache and Wave.
There's no easy answer to this, I reckon, and I have very limited resources
myself - only the willingness to help make things happen and some marketing
and management skills, market presence and ability to communicate that may,
hopefully, be of use to this effort. I see great potential for Wave, and in
the people in the incubator project and beyond it who would benefit greatly
from coming together to make it happen. If I can be of service to this
effort, that is good.

Best,

John