From John Blossom <jblos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hello
Date Sat, 25 May 2013 11:31:50 GMT
Christian,

Thanks for the information. I was addressing Yuri directly as a starting
point, since I am unfamiliar with anyone else who has been active on the
Wave incubator code. I do understand the general structure of Apache. What
I am trying to understand more clearly is whether the Apache organization
as a whole governs the Wave incubator project or whether there is a subset
of contributors who govern it. Trademark issues are certainly understood.

I am glad to contribute requirements specifications and review, though my
coding days are pretty well past. My main concern is that the Wave
specification has not progressed under Apache and no longer reflects the
goals that Wave should be able to undertake in a mobile-first Web. I would
like to encourage developers to step forward to work towards that goal. To
that extend, the "third party" is simply other developers and enthusiasts
who need to communicate with Apache more actively to help determine how
best to move forward with Wave. I am taking that step on a non-commercial
basis, in the hopes that we can develop a code base that will result in
robust, interconnected commercial and non-commercial products and services.
Presumed goodwill should be the order of the day for everyone in this
process.

All the best,

John Blossom

email: jblossom@gmail.com