From Pratik Paranjape <pratikparanj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDK7 [Was: Maven]
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 15:09:59 GMT
Got it to compile and run on Ubuntu 12.10/Oracle JDK7 with following fixes:
1) Changed non-static references to a static method into references by
Class name
2) Relaxed visibility of members from private to protected in
AbstractTreeNode.java
3) Removed -Werror flag from build-macros.xml
4) There were test ERRORS, ignored. Couple of test failures, ignored.

To make it easy for new people, I suggest:
1) remove -werror flag
2) remove test as required step for dist during build

We can raise issues for both of these to be solved separately, because its
not going to be a short solution. We can move
on to adding/changing features. Build and test failures for new people can
be discouraging.

Is there an objection on removing -werror flag altogether? Most of them are
going to have JDK7 now and solving for
2000 odd warnings is not going to be easy. Many of those are about not
parametarizing a raw type.

Regards,
- Pratik