From Thomas Wrobel <darkfl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NodeJS for Sever-Side Wave Code
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 07:07:55 GMT
Niceness is in the eye of the beholder though - personally I'd much prefer
Java then Javascript. ;)
Theres nothing "better" about JS for server side stuff, its all just
relative to peoples experience. People side with a language they know.

If there was the manpower to do it, re-writing waves server in any language
would probably make it better though, simply as normally the second time
something is coded goals are more clear and better ideas form how to
achieve them. Currently its a mess of many years of code with many people,
most now no longer actively working on it. Its very hard for a new person
to jump in as its all so vaste and complex.

Rewriting from scratch is just too unrealistic though at this point -
 focusing on separating out the client is a more logical first step. It
also helps in the longer road to updating (simplifying?) the code overall
too.
[/2 cents]