From Ali Lown <...@lown.me.uk>
Subject Re: Re[3]: Release planning
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 20:14:20 GMT
Today's update on the progress towards a release:
- 'ant release' happily builds unsigned tar/zip artifacts with correct
metadata/licensing/etc.
- I have started documenting the general process in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WAVE/Release+Procedure

Next steps:
- Create release branch
- Add CHANGES (svn log)
- Write RELEASE-NOTES (project blurb, summary of important changes,
list breakages from previous version, etc.)
- Tag release candidate
- Build release candidate (signed)
- Post for vote
- etc.

Blockers:
What version number should this be? The code is making reference to
waveinabox 0.3. (Was 0.1, 0.2 ever released?). If we use 0.4 as our
first Apache Release does this seem sensible? (To avoid the problems
of ending up with repeated numbers in a few releases time).

@Michael: You want to do the signing, which is fine, but means you
will also need to be the person building the release candidate. (And
make sure to add yourself to KEYS)
Do you want to write some ant task to automate doing the signing, so
that we can (in future) run 'ant release-signed' and it all happens
magically?

Ali