From Alfredo Abambres <alfredoabamb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mailing Lists vs Wave
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 11:36:13 GMT
Thanks Christian.

«if it doesn't happen on list, it didn't happen.» completely agreed, this
is Apache Wave, this is ASF rules.

Upayavira already explained most of the reasons the mailing lists are used
on the first reply to this discussion.

That's why some of us are trying to figure it out if it isn't possible to
make a bridge: to continue to use the mailing list and have them updated
via a Wave client instead of a mail client. So everything would remain
"oldschool" on the visible/public side, but the tool we used to interact
with it would be of our own choice.

I know that is easier said than done. But if we have the chance to find out
if this is possible, we should grab it, don't you think? Would you help us
find out if this is possible?

Unfortunately all this can only be built and tested if someone with the
right skills (engineering/coding skills) step up. Until then it's just an
idea, a great one but... just an idea.

BTW, even if someone decides to build such a "bridge", how would it be
tested? We cannot mess with the public/official mailing list? Would it be
possible to have a "test mailing list"?

Wave On.
Alfredo

http://alfredo.abambres.com

*"Moving, always moving, and living inside movement". Rainer Maria Rilke*