From Paulo Pires <pjpi...@ubiwhere.com>
Subject Re: Maven [Was: NodeJS for Sever-Side Wave Code]
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 08:18:02 GMT
Hi all,

Right now, I have this https://github.com/pires/wave

I'll be merging latest changes during the day, but this is enough for you to fiddle with.

Also, I had only one issue with JDK7, that I eventually fixed in https://github.com/pires/wave/commit/34e44e1dfb0ac6e7820f4d4b71fe05837efed960

Cheers,
PP

On May 30, 2013, at 7:12 PM, Dave <wave@glark.co.uk> wrote:

> On 30/05/13 18:45, Michael MacFadden wrote:
>> If we have some interests, I would be more than happy to re-engage with PP
>> and get that maven transition done.  While it's not a huge step I think it
>> will entice developers.
>
> My experience has been that Maven can be a bit of a Marmite transition - some people
love it, some people hate it. Personally, I'm quite fond of Maven, but I've certainly never
been put off using or contributing to a project because it uses ant.

> However clearer structure & modularising the codebase is something that I'm sure
everyone would support, whatever build framework we use. With our limited resources, would
it be wise to focus on these initially?

> I don't really have a say in the matter, but while I'd be quite happy to see a transition
to Maven, I'm not sure it's a particularly pressing issue for the project at the moment.
Sort of organising the deckchairs on the titanic? ;-)