From Dave <w...@glark.co.uk>
Subject JDK7 [Was: Maven]
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 23:01:58 GMT
On 30/05/13 22:37, Bruno Gonzalez wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:39 PM, Dave <wave@glark.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>   - Cleanup. With a fresh checkout of svn earlier today, I experienced
>> (easily fixed) build failures and compiler errors, though I'm not sure if
>> these are purely related to my environment / jdk etc. We could do more to
>> support setting up your first environment and getting to the point of a
>> running app, though a release will help with this.
>>
> Yesterday I encountered some errors when compiling, they were all fixed by
> going back to a v6.0 jdk (i was initially using 7.0).

I'm on openjdk-7, so we maybe hit the same problems.  Rather than
switching back to v6, I just tweaked the build.

iirc, I disabled -Werror when compiling the proto files, and relaxed the
visibility of a few members in AbstractTreeNode.java. I don't really
consider either to be proper fixes.

I'll raise a JDK7 ticket.

Dave