From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Mailing Lists vs Wave
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 19:08:28 GMT
I'd say build a cool tool that proves it can work.

Apache tends to be quite slow to adopt new technologies, notably because
the enthusiasm they bring often wanders to the next cool thing, leaving
maintenance in the hands of a small and already over-committed group of
admins.

If a new technology is going to be used, people are going to want to
know that it is going to stay around, and that it covers a range of
requirements (e.g. archiving), as mailing lists form the 'corporate
memory' of the Foundation, and they'll want to be sure that that memory
is 'protected'.

So I don't see any reason why discussion couldn't move to a Wave server
at some point in the future, but it is important that communication
happens in a place where all can participate, that includes folks
outside the immediate Wave community.

Therefore, the best thing you can do to make it happen is to produce an
exceptionally cool and compelling tool that other projects might also
want to use. Then a discussion can start to happen.

Upayavira