From Ali Lown <...@lown.me.uk>
Subject Re: Wave Extensions Gallery integration
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 09:49:50 GMT
A few quick changes to the client code, so that it fetches the data
from your server directly results in a CORS violation. You don't
appear to have set your 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header?
'XMLHttpRequest cannot load
https://wavygallery.appspot.com/api/v0/list.json?type=gadget. Origin
http://localhost:9898 is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.'

By having the client directly fetch the gadget data from the gallery
it is always up-to-date, and is only as slow as a single network
connection, but has the disadvantage of possibly being worse for your
bandwidth bills. :P

The alternative would be to have the server fetch the list and
maintain its own local copy, so that the client then requests the
gadgets from the wave server (as it does currently). What do we want
to do about searches in this situation though? Direct from the
gallery, or proxied via the local wave server? (How does this work
when federation is in action?). This also has issues with the gadget
list being 'out-of-date'. And in the event it acts as a caching proxy
could make using the gadget browser quite slow since it would be
dependent on 2 network links...

Thoughts?

Ali