From Michael MacFadden <michael.macfad...@gmail.com>
Subject Wave Report
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 16:53:55 GMT
All,

Here is a draft of the report.  Please add any feedback you may have.

--------------------
Wave

Wave is rich, web-based, distributed, collaboration platform that allows
users to interact in near real time.  The wave platform includes a
web-based user interface containing an rich-text.  The system is
extendable though widgets, robots, and editor doodads.  The Wave In a Box
implementation is developed in java using a variety of web technologies
such as Web Sockets, Java Script, GWT, and supported by an operational
transform based conflict resolution algorithm.  Wave has been incubating
since December of 2010.

* Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation.

1) Performing an initial release (currently in progress).

We have started the release process, but it has stalled.  We are currently
Stuck dealing with copyright headers and some licensing options for third
party jar files.

2) Updating the web site and online documentation.
The web site does not have very much useful information on it.  Most
Information is scattered on the old google-code and waveprotocol.org
sites.  Prospective users and developers are constantly asking for
Where the documentation is.

3) Increasing developer / community contributions.
While we are making progress in this area, we need more contributors.
We believe that taking care of #1 and #2 will help with this.  Building
an active community is difficult, but very important.

* Issues for the PMC / ASF Board

None at this time.

* How has the community developed since the last report

The community as added two new committers in that last several months (Ali
Lown and Vicente J. Ruiz Jurado).  Additionally, we have seen an increase
in the number of code reviews and mailing list traffic.

* How has the project developed since the last report.

Several issues have been taken care of and we are making progress towards
an initial release.