From Casey Jordan <casey.jor...@jorsek.com>
Subject Newbie question about working with Wave Documents
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 17:58:47 GMT
Hi all,

I am looking into wave protocol to support the next generation of
development for our WYSIWYG XML editor.

Currently the editor works off of a DOM document model, and is transformed
into the WYSIWYG view by XSLT on the fly as editing happens. Validation
(against schema or DTD) is also done in the browser to ensure insertions
and deletions of content are allowed.

I have been interested in the Wave Document format as a possible
replacement for our underlying model so that we can support collaborative
editing in the future. However I am finding it hard to gather the right
information.

It would be helpful to know if the Wave Document format:

   - Provide an XML/DOM model that could be used in the manner I am
   speaking about?
   - Support API methods for modifying the document that utilize the wave
   Operational Transforms so that operations could be collaboratve between
   various users

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Casey

Casey Jordan
easyDITA a product of Jorsek LLC
"CaseyDJordan" on LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook
(585) 348 7399
easydita.com

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please be advised that any disclosure  copying, distribution, or use of
the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all copies of the message,
whether in electronic or hard copy format, as well as attachments, and
immediately contact the sender by replying to this e-mail or by phone.
Thank you.