From Michael MacFadden <michael.macfad...@gmail.com>
Subject Proto String Template
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 00:30:14 GMT
Wavers,

We have run in to some code that we would like to get some guidance from the community on.
 We have been diving in to the protocol buffers implementation and ran in to the Protocol
String Template mechanism.  It seems like the steps are the follow:

1) Use protoc to compile .proto file in to .java files.
2) Use javac to compile the .java file in to class files.
3) Use the PST tool to evaluate the Protobufs to generate additional java files.
4) Use javac to compile the PST generated code.

So a couple questions:

1) Can some one talk a little about what the PST stuff is, how it extends the protoc compilation?
2) How the build process works?
3) How is the code build by the PST used?

Thanks.

~Michael