From Thomas Wrobel <darkfl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wave in Android?
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 21:13:17 GMT
Guess its just my own bias - I love what google has done with Android
but tend to think applications should try to stay independent from any
specific third party servers (including googles). Google may one day
decide to charge for C2DM, "sunset it" or it might simply go down. For
that matter, the user might be using Android but not signed in to
Google at all.

As you say websockets is an option. Maybe use
https://github.com/koush/android-websockets