From Ali Lown <...@lown.me.uk>
Subject Re: Maven built WIAB running!
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 21:16:48 GMT
Paulo (and Michael)

This looks great. It is another step closer to making the server and
client completely separate projects (which is what I feel we should be
aiming for here).

Ali

On 6 June 2012 22:12, Paulo Pires <pjpires@ubiwhere.com> wrote:
> Me & Michael are happy to announce that we've reached a very important
> milestone in getting WIAB to compile with Maven.
>
> https://github.com/pires/wave/commit/b3229d6790d40d1a894eba2c6f7a94e304767614
>
> And it works!
>
> For the next milestone (M2), we'll be simplifying the project structure
> and make modules separation more straightforward, polishing build
> process and eventually adding some goodies.
>
> Would be nice to have everyone's feedback on this :-)
>
> Cheers,
> PP
>
> On Sun Jun  3 15:03:59 2012, Michael MacFadden wrote:
>> Paulo,
>>
>> I'll have to get on GitHub or something.  All, I did was to pull down your code
and start editing it locally.  I haven't published it anywhere.  I will do that.

>>  In the mean time, I think you have misunderstood the problem.  The problem is
not that the GWT files are not getting added to the box jar.  They were getting added to
the jar.  The issue is that the GWT files are not supposed to be in the jar, they are expected
to be in a directory on the filesystem called "war" (or whatever is specified in the config
file).  So until we re-architect the code, adding it to the jar file won't actually help.
 Plus as you say I don't think the GWT files should actually live in the server project jar
anyway.

>> I have gotten around this by generating the GWT file in a separate maven submodule,
and then unpacking them when they are needed.  I think now I am just having a class path
issue.  i will get the code published somewhere today.

>> ~Michael
>>
>> On Jun 3, 2012, at 5:54 AM, Paulo Pires wrote:
>>
>>> The maven-shade-plugin does the actual assembly of the box module. As
>>> long as the GWT module, if any, is a dependency of box module, it should
>>> be part of the final JAR file.
>>>
>>> Once again I ask you for access to your current working repo.
>>>
>>> PP

everything together.  I am still getting that exception.  The question I have is how are
you running the server.  The shell script has:

it. Or run: 'ant -f server-config.xml' to generate the file automatically."

 So, I am

That's

Java

not generating the

> [...]
> [...]
> [...]
> [...]
> [...]
> [...]