From Michael MacFadden <michael.macfad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven built WIAB running!
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 22:48:20 GMT
Two comments. In regards to the tests. The point is we haven't figured out where all the tests
are and how to get them working yet. That is next on the list.  While he sentiments on need
tests are well founded, unit test depend on the stability of the get framework. When you are
redoing the whole thing, you don't know if the test are failing due to the code or because
he test infrastructure is not configured properly. So keep in mind we are changing he code
AND test layout and infrastructure.  So we chose to prove that we could at least get the code
to build and work at all. Now we need to collect the tests and make them all work.  Even if
we had done he tests first they ALL would have not passes so we would have not gained much.
 That said, its the next priority.

With regards to Git.  Apache has stated that incubator projects are not yet eligible to move
to git. They are migrating a few top level projects as test cases. As soon as incubator products
can move, we will consider it for sure.

Lastly, this is just the beginning of the effort.