From Michael MacFadden <michael.macfad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GWT for UI only?
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2012 19:19:20 GMT
Svante,

The javascript should be generated by calling.  It is being generated by GWT into the "war"
directory that is created in the same directory as the ant build script.  GWT compiles all
of the javascript from the various java sources in to one single JS file that is obfuscated
(for compression).  So by default if you are looking for various javascript files that would
correspond to the individual java classes being cross compiled, you won't find those (as they
are all aggregated into a single file).  There are some options you can use with the GWT compiler
to make things a little less obfuscated during development.

How familiar are you with the overall GWT compilation process?

~Michael

On Jun 24, 2012, at 12:05 PM, Svante Schubert wrote:

> Michael,
>
> thanks for the quick answer.
>
> I am wondering why there is no JavaScript being build after calling "ant".
> Did I miss something? Any documentation to read, I have overseen?
>
> PS: More questions might arise after I dived on Tuesday into the
> sources, did not expect an answer that fast ;)
>
> Thanks,
> Svante
>

> On 24.06.2012 16:31, Michael MacFadden wrote:
>> Svante,
>>
>> The OT concurrency control stack is compiled into JavaScript by the GWT compiler.
>>
>> The code for this particular piece is located here:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wave/trunk/src/org/waveprotocol/wave/concurrencycontrol/client/
>>
>> Basically the client does most things in the browser, including client side concurrency
control.  The client uses a websocket interface to send its operations to the server and to
receive operations from other user from the server.  So the OT for the server happens in Java.
 The OT for the client happens in JavaScript in the browser.