From Michael MacFadden <michael.macfad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven built WIAB running!
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2012 14:03:59 GMT
Paulo,

I'll have to get on GitHub or something.  All, I did was to pull down your code and start
editing it locally.  I haven't published it anywhere.  I will do that.

 In the mean time, I think you have misunderstood the problem.  The problem is not that the
GWT files are not getting added to the box jar.  They were getting added to the jar.  The
issue is that the GWT files are not supposed to be in the jar, they are expected to be in
a directory on the filesystem called "war" (or whatever is specified in the config file).
 So until we re-architect the code, adding it to the jar file won't actually help.  Plus as
you say I don't think the GWT files should actually live in the server project jar anyway.

I have gotten around this by generating the GWT file in a separate maven submodule, and then
unpacking them when they are needed.  I think now I am just having a class path issue.  i
will get the code published somewhere today.

~Michael

On Jun 3, 2012, at 5:54 AM, Paulo Pires wrote:

> The maven-shade-plugin does the actual assembly of the box module. As
> long as the GWT module, if any, is a dependency of box module, it should
> be part of the final JAR file.
>
> Once again I ask you for access to your current working repo.
>
> PP
>
> On 03/06/12 05:13, Michael MacFadden wrote:
>> Paulo,
>>
>> I actually have the GWT compiling and an assembly built in maven that pulls everything
together.  I am still getting that exception.  The question I have is how are you running
the server.  The shell script has:

>> #!/bin/bash
>>
>> # This script will start the Wave in a Box server.
>> #
>>
>> # Make sure the config file exists.
>> if [ ! -e server.config ]; then
>>  echo "You need to copy server.config.example to server.config and edit it. Or run:
'ant -f server-config.xml' to generate the file automatically."
>>  exit 1
>> fi
>>
>> . process-script-args.sh
>>
>> exec java $DEBUG_FLAGS \
>>  -Dorg.eclipse.jetty.LEVEL=DEBUG \
>>  -Djava.security.auth.login.config=jaas.config \
>>  -Dwave.server.config=server.config \
>>  -jar box/target/box-0.3-SNAPSHOT.jar
>>

>> This doesn't seem to add any of the other required jars to the classpath.
>>
>> ~Michael
>>
>> On May 30, 2012, at 9:17 AM, Paulo Pires wrote:
>>
>>> Well, I had issues when I was using protoc 2.3.0 with
>>> protobuf-java-2.4.1. Since I've upgraded the protobuf-java dependency
>>> to version 2.4.1, one must have protoc 2.4.1 as well. Or so I read
>>> somewhere over at the project mailing-lists.

Linux

maven repository?
several dependencies that

wrote:

> [...]
> [...]
> [...]