From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GWT for UI only?
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2012 19:05:54 GMT
Michael,

thanks for the quick answer.

I am wondering why there is no JavaScript being build after calling "ant".
Did I miss something? Any documentation to read, I have overseen?

PS: More questions might arise after I dived on Tuesday into the
sources, did not expect an answer that fast ;)

Thanks,
Svante

On 24.06.2012 16:31, Michael MacFadden wrote:
> Svante,
>
> The OT concurrency control stack is compiled into JavaScript by the GWT compiler.
>
> The code for this particular piece is located here:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wave/trunk/src/org/waveprotocol/wave/concurrencycontrol/client/
>
> Basically the client does most things in the browser, including client side concurrency
control.  The client uses a websocket interface to send its operations to the server and to
receive operations from other user from the server.  So the OT for the server happens in Java.
 The OT for the client happens in JavaScript in the browser.