From Paulo Pires <pjpi...@ubiwhere.com>
Subject Re: Maven Module for Protocol Buffers
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2012 20:51:05 GMT
The same should happen with proto-string-template module that comprehends:

 * A simple string-template parser implementation
 * Templates
 * Parse templates with the simple parser (which has already been
compiled) and generate more code

PP

On 17/06/12 19:42, Michael MacFadden wrote:
> So I think then what we need to do is make them a separate module, which can be released
(from a maven standpoint) which will contain all of the compiled classes.  The maven project
will generate the sources from the proto files, then compile those java sources and place
them in a jar.  that Jar file can be released (again from a maven point of view).  The wave
in a box maven project can then depend on this released jar file.

> The work that Paulo has done is a step in the direction, since we now have the proto
stuff isolated to a module, it's just matter of adjusting the packaging of the compiled proto
.class files.

--
Paulo Pires