From Paulo Pires <pjpi...@ubiwhere.com>
Subject Re: Maven built WIAB running!
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 21:12:45 GMT
Me & Michael are happy to announce that we've reached a very important
milestone in getting WIAB to compile with Maven.

https://github.com/pires/wave/commit/b3229d6790d40d1a894eba2c6f7a94e304767614

And it works!

For the next milestone (M2), we'll be simplifying the project structure
and make modules separation more straightforward, polishing build
process and eventually adding some goodies.

Would be nice to have everyone's feedback on this :-)

Cheers,
PP

On Sun Jun  3 15:03:59 2012, Michael MacFadden wrote:
> Paulo,
>
> I'll have to get on GitHub or something.  All, I did was to pull down your code and start
editing it locally.  I haven't published it anywhere.  I will do that.

>  In the mean time, I think you have misunderstood the problem.  The problem is not that
the GWT files are not getting added to the box jar.  They were getting added to the jar.
The issue is that the GWT files are not supposed to be in the jar, they are expected to be
in a directory on the filesystem called "war" (or whatever is specified in the config file).
 So until we re-architect the code, adding it to the jar file won't actually help.  Plus as
you say I don't think the GWT files should actually live in the server project jar anyway.

> I have gotten around this by generating the GWT file in a separate maven submodule, and
then unpacking them when they are needed.  I think now I am just having a class path issue.
 i will get the code published somewhere today.

> ~Michael
>
> On Jun 3, 2012, at 5:54 AM, Paulo Pires wrote:
>
>> The maven-shade-plugin does the actual assembly of the box module. As
>> long as the GWT module, if any, is a dependency of box module, it should
>> be part of the final JAR file.
>>
>> Once again I ask you for access to your current working repo.
>>
>> PP
>>
>> On 03/06/12 05:13, Michael MacFadden wrote:
>>> Paulo,
>>>
>>> I actually have the GWT compiling and an assembly built in maven that pulls everything
together.  I am still getting that exception.  The question I have is how are you running
the server.  The shell script has:

>>> #!/bin/bash
>>>
>>> # This script will start the Wave in a Box server.
>>> #
>>>
>>> # Make sure the config file exists.
>>> if [ ! -e server.config ]; then
>>>  echo "You need to copy server.config.example to server.config and edit it. Or
run: 'ant -f server-config.xml' to generate the file automatically."
>>>  exit 1
>>> fi
>>>
>>> . process-script-args.sh
>>>
>>> exec java $DEBUG_FLAGS \
>>>  -Dorg.eclipse.jetty.LEVEL=DEBUG \
>>>  -Djava.security.auth.login.config=jaas.config \
>>>  -Dwave.server.config=server.config \
>>>  -jar box/target/box-0.3-SNAPSHOT.jar
>>>

>>> This doesn't seem to add any of the other required jars to the classpath.
>>>
>>> ~Michael

I am

Java

in the pom where the

> [...]
> [...]
> [...]