From Paulo Pires <pjpi...@ubiwhere.com>
Subject Re: Maven built WIAB running!
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2012 12:35:21 GMT
See inline.

PP

On 03/06/12 03:14, Michael MacFadden wrote:
> Ok, major step forward, the GWT compiling is actually succeeding now.  However, the server
isn't running.  I get the following exception when I try to run:

> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/gwt/logging/server/RemoteLoggingServiceImpl
I can look at this, if you can point me to your working repo (github?).

> Still working on that.
>
> Also, typically, the GWT resources would be generated into a War file and not into a
Jar file.  I am not entirely sure how that is going to work here.  In the ant build the genreated
GWT files get dumped into the "war" directory.  With the maven plugin the are being packaged
in the "box" jar file, obviously they aren't going to be served up from there.  Normally if
this was a typical web application, we would have a war maven project which is where these
resources would get compiled into.  Then you would deploy the war in jetty or something.
What we have here is a little more complex.

GWT is for the web client only, am I right? I for one would like to see
the "server" and the "clients" nicely separated from each others. I
mean, in the medium/long-term, I want to be able to deploy the server
without any web interface glued to it.

> I am thinking what we should probably do is to create an assembly in the waib project
this would pull in the required Jar files, scripts, GWT resources etc into one spot for distribution.
 I will see if I can get that to work.

Maven already does that for you. I mean, the JARs are there. If they're
not, then we're doing it wrong! We can also put the GWT resources in
there and extract them on deployment/runtime. I know I've read something
about this before..

Could you give me access to what you've done and try it myself, please?

> ~Michael
>

> On May 30, 2012, at 9:17 AM, Paulo Pires wrote:
>
>> Well, I had issues when I was using protoc 2.3.0 with
>> protobuf-java-2.4.1. Since I've upgraded the protobuf-java dependency
>> to version 2.4.1, one must have protoc 2.4.1 as well. Or so I read
>> somewhere over at the project mailing-lists.
>>
>> On Wed May 30 17:13:32 2012, Michael MacFadden wrote:
>>> No worries, I just wanted to make sure you knew that I wasn't starting
>>> from scratch.  I am sure it is something on my end.  I had installed
>>> protobuf a long time agoĆ manually, from source, not using brew.  So, I am
>>> re-installing it just to make sure that is not the issue.
>>>
>>> ~Micheal

maven repository?

I believe that we

stuff from 'box'

> [...]
> [...]