From Michael MacFadden <michael.macfad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven built WIAB running!
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2012 04:13:26 GMT
Paulo,

I actually have the GWT compiling and an assembly built in maven that pulls everything together.
 I am still getting that exception.  The question I have is how are you running the server.
 The shell script has:

#!/bin/bash

# This script will start the Wave in a Box server.
#

# Make sure the config file exists.
if [ ! -e server.config ]; then
  echo "You need to copy server.config.example to server.config and edit it. Or run: 'ant
-f server-config.xml' to generate the file automatically."
  exit 1
fi

. process-script-args.sh

exec java $DEBUG_FLAGS \
  -Dorg.eclipse.jetty.LEVEL=DEBUG \
  -Djava.security.auth.login.config=jaas.config \
  -Dwave.server.config=server.config \
  -jar box/target/box-0.3-SNAPSHOT.jar

This doesn't seem to add any of the other required jars to the classpath.

~Michael

On May 30, 2012, at 9:17 AM, Paulo Pires wrote:

> Well, I had issues when I was using protoc 2.3.0 with
> protobuf-java-2.4.1. Since I've upgraded the protobuf-java dependency
> to version 2.4.1, one must have protoc 2.4.1 as well. Or so I read
> somewhere over at the project mailing-lists.
>
> On Wed May 30 17:13:32 2012, Michael MacFadden wrote:
>> No worries, I just wanted to make sure you knew that I wasn't starting
>> from scratch.  I am sure it is something on my end.  I had installed
>> protobuf a long time agoĆ manually, from source, not using brew.  So, I am
>> re-installing it just to make sure that is not the issue.
>>
>> ~Micheal
>>
>> On 5/30/12 9:10 AM, "Paulo Pires" <pjpires@ubiwhere.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Michael,
>>>
>>> I hope you don't think that I'm underestimating your abilities! That's
>>> in no way whatsoever what I meant.
>>>
>>> The thing is that current mainstream WIAB doesn't compile the proto
>>> files but instead had it compiled once and persisted the resulting Java
>>> classes in SVN, am I right? And that's why I pointed you the poor
>>> documentation provided, as I've changed this behavior and couldn't be
>>> sure if you've overlooked it or not.
>>>
>>> Anyway, I'm eager to get your changes!
>>>
>>> Good luck,
>>> PP

> [...]