From Michael MacFadden <michael.macfad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven built WIAB running!
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 14:14:07 GMT
Those all get generated correctly.  What's missing is for example in this class from the "box"
module:

org.waveprotocol.box.server.rpc.ProtoSerializer

The following imports fail:

import org.waveprotocol.box.common.comms.proto.DocumentSnapshotProtoImpl;
import org.waveprotocol.box.common.comms.proto.ProtocolAuthenticateProtoImpl;
import org.waveprotocol.box.common.comms.proto.ProtocolAuthenticationResultProtoImpl;
import org.waveprotocol.box.common.comms.proto.ProtocolOpenRequestProtoImpl;
import org.waveprotocol.box.common.comms.proto.ProtocolSubmitRequestProtoImpl;
import org.waveprotocol.box.common.comms.proto.ProtocolSubmitResponseProtoImpl;
import org.waveprotocol.box.common.comms.proto.ProtocolWaveletUpdateProtoImpl;
import org.waveprotocol.box.common.comms.proto.WaveViewSnapshotProtoImpl;
import org.waveprotocol.box.common.comms.proto.WaveletSnapshotProtoImpl;
import org.waveprotocol.box.profile.proto.ProfileResponseProtoImpl;
import org.waveprotocol.box.search.proto.SearchResponseProtoImpl;
import org.waveprotocol.box.server.rpc.proto.CancelRpcProtoImpl;
import org.waveprotocol.box.server.rpc.proto.RpcFinishedProtoImpl;

thanks.

On May 30, 2012, at 9:31 AM, Paulo Pires wrote:

> I've added you on Gtalk with a private mail (mailed you on gmail).
>
> Here's my output as well:
> proto/target/generated-sources/org/waveprotocol/box/common/comms:
> WaveClientRpc.java
>
> proto/target/generated-sources/org/waveprotocol/box/profile:
> ProfilesProto.java
>
> proto/target/generated-sources/org/waveprotocol/box/search:
> SearchProto.java
>
> proto/target/generated-sources/org/waveprotocol/box/server/persistence/protos:
> ProtoAccountStoreData.java ProtoDeltaStoreData.java
>
> proto/target/generated-sources/org/waveprotocol/box/server/rpc:
> Rpc.java
>
> proto/target/generated-sources/org/waveprotocol/protobuf:
> Extensions.java
>
> proto/target/generated-sources/org/waveprotocol/wave:
> concurrencycontrol diff               federation
>
> proto/target/generated-sources/org/waveprotocol/wave/concurrencycontrol:
> ClientServer.java
>
> proto/target/generated-sources/org/waveprotocol/wave/diff:
> Diff.java
>
> proto/target/generated-sources/org/waveprotocol/wave/federation:
> FederationErrorProto.java Proto.java
>
> Can you tell me what's missing, please?
>
> PP
>
> On 30/05/12 17:20, Michael MacFadden wrote:
>>
>> After installing with brew, it still is not completely working.  It is generating
some sources, but not all of them...

>> <Mail Attachment.png>
>>
>> If you have gtalk, you can get me on that using my gmail address.
>>
>> On May 30, 2012, at 9:10 AM, Paulo Pires wrote:
>>
>>> Michael,
>>>
>>> I hope you don't think that I'm underestimating your abilities! That's
>>> in no way whatsoever what I meant.
>>>
>>> The thing is that current mainstream WIAB doesn't compile the proto
>>> files but instead had it compiled once and persisted the resulting Java
>>> classes in SVN, am I right? And that's why I pointed you the poor
>>> documentation provided, as I've changed this behavior and couldn't be
>>> sure if you've overlooked it or not.
>>>
>>> Anyway, I'm eager to get your changes!
>>>
>>> Good luck,
>>> PP

members.  I have been working on wave for several years now (although I have been coding a
bit less).  So, I do have protoc installed and can currently build wiab.  I suspect there
is just some differences in the default settings.  For example, the location of your protoc
install is not the same as mine.  There could be some other issues like that.  I will chase
them down.

protobuf messages. (what used to go into gen/messages in the old project).  So for example:

the local repo is defined.  I changed it from:

repository?  When I try to compile the project, I get several dependencies that done resolve.

believe that we should

<pjpires@ubiwhere.com> wrote:

> [...]
and then I think I'll be able to

wrote:
> [...]