From Paulo Pires <pjpi...@ubiwhere.com>
Subject Re: Maven built WIAB running!
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 16:10:37 GMT
Michael,

I hope you don't think that I'm underestimating your abilities! That's
in no way whatsoever what I meant.

The thing is that current mainstream WIAB doesn't compile the proto
files but instead had it compiled once and persisted the resulting Java
classes in SVN, am I right? And that's why I pointed you the poor
documentation provided, as I've changed this behavior and couldn't be
sure if you've overlooked it or not.

Anyway, I'm eager to get your changes!

Good luck,
PP

On Wed May 30 16:55:11 2012, Michael MacFadden wrote:
> Paulo,
>
> For some context.  I am one of the Apache Wave project committers and PMC members.  I
have been working on wave for several years now (although I have been coding a bit less).
 So, I do have protoc installed and can currently build wiab.  I suspect there is just some
differences in the default settings.  For example, the location of your protoc install is
not the same as mine.  There could be some other issues like that.  I will chase them down.

> On May 30, 2012, at 8:47 AM, Paulo Pires wrote:
>
>> Have you got protobuf-compiler installed? See README.md and
>> build-proto.properties for instructions.
>>
>> Anyway, I've tested this with a clean Lion (no Maven cache and a new
>> clone) and it worked. Also, I had the same result with a clean Linux
>> Mint 13 installed.
>>
>> On Wed May 30 16:44:29 2012, Michael MacFadden wrote:
>>> OSX.  I almost have it building right now it is not generating the protobuf messages.
(what used to go into gen/messages in the old project).  So for example:

>>> import org.waveprotocol.box.common.comms.proto.DocumentSnapshotProtoImpl;
>>>
>>> Is not being generated.  I think this is the last step.

repo is defined.  I changed it from:

 When I try to compile the project, I get several dependencies that done resolve.

think I'll be able to

register/log a user. Anyone

--
Paulo Pires