From Giacomo Piva <>
Subject Re: Starting project: Mobile client
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 09:53:57 GMT
Ok, You mean porting client API to C language? this is a good starting point, if someone have
some experience and want spend some emails to show me how to do it I would

Il giorno 05/apr/2011, alle ore 11.05, Chris Mear ha scritto:

> On 4 April 2011 21:56, Giacomo Piva <> wrote:
> <snip>
>> The main problem with iPhone development is the "closure" to third-part frameworks
and library also (for what I can understand at the moment) the only way to develop an iPhone
native client application is using HTTP Protocol isn't it? do you think it is possible to
develop a client using the HTTP protocol and not the Python or Java client library?
> You're right that it'd be difficult (perhaps impossible) to get Python
> or Java code into an app on the App Store.
> However, you're not restricted to HTTP networking; you can write C
> code that reaches right down to the BSD sockets API if you want.
> Chris

View raw message