From Tad Glines <tad.gli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is current state of the search functionality?
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:20:40 GMT
I have been trying to decide where to place the interfaces (i.e. what
is provider specific and what isn't). I've also been researching
Lucene and Casandra to to try and determine if either or both (via
Lucandra) would be appropriate and how their use would affect the
interfaces.

There's also the problem of an impedance mismatch between the robot
search interface and what would be needed to support live search
results (ala Google Wave). I'm leaning towards an iterator plus
listener model plus an adaptor for the robot search interface.

I'm trying to make sure the interfaces don't place constraints on scalability.

Once I have something that seems to look right, I'll post a patch for review.

I should also mention that I haven't spent much time on this since
Christmas. If there are others that are keen to work on this I don't
mind collaborating. Competing designs are welcome. This is a
meritocracy after all :-)

-Tad