From Torben Weis <torben.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More detail needed: whitepapers and planning documentation
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2010 17:03:02 GMT
2010/12/11 Juan Luis Chulilla <jl.chulilla@onlineandoffline.net>

> Excuse me if I say something stupid, but why documentation is not
> maintained inside a wave? Is it not feasible now to do that in a
> instance of wave in a box? I mean, Google sites is fine, but using a

Unless we have a stable instance of WiaB with a very stable persistency
layer it does not make much sense to switch to WiaB with the specs.

The original version of the HTTP federation specs has been developed on
Google Wave and wave is the right tool for this purpose (except for some UI
issues). However, GWave is close to death and WiaB not yet there, so in the
meantime we will have to do with SVN/Hg/Git.

> set of waves would be great, specially in terms of morale. Think that
> a lot of users were disappointed after Google's announcement of
> discontinuation.
>
> Besides, Is there any way of know if a piece of documentation is
> freezed? I mean, if a document still can change, translate it would
> not be very productive

I can only speak for the HTTP federation spec which I am maintaining. This
is definitelty not frozen. The XMPP spec is quite stable for some time now.
However, there are plans to factor out things which are common to XMPP and
HTTP federation which means the XMPP fed spec might change as well in the
future.

Greetings
Torben

--