From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication using totem protocol
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:07:40 GMT
On 1/13/06, Jules Gosnell <jules@coredevelopers.net> wrote:

> further thoughts at bottom....
>
> Jules Gosnell wrote:
>
> > lichtner@bway.net wrote:
> > Perhaps Totem might be useful here ?
> >
> ActiveSpace (in incubator) may already have support for this sort of thing
> ?
> If you had a working clustered cache with a cache loader pointing at the
> entity...

Yes, ActiveSpace currently has a distributed JCache using optimistic
transactions which relies on total ordering; it could well be a good use
case for using totem. I'd be interested in a performance comparison with
Totem v ActiveMQ (indeed it'd be trivial to integrate Totem into ActiveMQ as
a transport; we already have multicast, UDP, TCP, SSL, HTTP et al).

FWIW when I get chance I've been meaning to refactor the ActiveSpace code to
make use of Spring Remoting / Lingo (probably moving it into the Lingo
project) so it'd be much easier to decouple the remoting code easily.

--

James
-------