From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: back from hols...
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 19:01:03 GMT

On Jan 3, 2006, at 11:00 AM, Jules Gosnell wrote:

>> We also need to discuss the steps for moving the code base.
>>
> well, I guess we have delegated that decision to the incubator
> folks now...

No, I started that thread to bring to public light a disagreement
people were having.  If we/you/us want to bring history, we can and
should, IMO.  I think we should.

[snip]

>> Lets please address the code and site movement as we all agreed
>> previous
>> to the holidays.  The longer we delay this, the more difficult this
>> process will be.
>>

> Code movement is waiting on the incubator list.

No - decide when you are ready, and we can bring in the whole pile.
If you are more comfortable, I'l bring that convo to a conclusion.

> I don't see much point in moving the website until the code is
> moved, since the website is generated from the code and is full of
> references to e.g. mailing lists, code repos etc.
>
> Has there been any movement on importing mailing list archives ? I
> see this as an important step in completing the xfer of the mailing
> lists.

really?  I thought we'd just point people to where they currently
reside.  I see no point in bringing those over, actually.

geir

geirm@apache.org