From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [wadi-dev] Clustering: WADI/Geronimo integrations.
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:34:57 GMT

Jules Gosnell wrote:
> Here is a list of outstanding issues associated with this work:
>
> - ActiveMQ's shutdown hook seems to trigger when Geronimo is shutdown,
> removing AMQ before WADI - WADI doesn't like this. I have added a
> property to the node.sh script which suppresses this behaviour. I will
> document it in the Getting Started doc.
>
> - There 'may' be issues with nodes finding each other, when a Geronimo
> node is introduced into a WADI cluster - investigating.
>
> - Jeff - you should look over the changes and make sure that they do not
> impact on any other TC fn-ality. They were done with Emacs, so the
> formatting may be offensive. Please feel free to make them your own and
> bring any issues back to the list. The WADIGBean, is no longer used, so
> you may want to remove this from the repo.

They do...I commented on this in another email.  Please back your
commits out.

> - Jan and Jeff - since this config is now done on the container bean and
> not in the geronimo-web.xml, you may no longer need to implement your
> own geronimo-web.xml schemas (I haven't looked very closely at TC). You
> may want to consider this and perhaps lose them.

Yes this is a big problem and goes against what we had stated we wanted
in the Geronimo discussion.  We wanted a portable configuration for a
plan.  You made a change that hard codes WADI as a session manager.

> - In order to get the same webapp to work in all containers
> (tomcat5[05], jetty[56], geronimo-[tomcat/jetty], jboss-tomcat), I had
> to move deps back to Geronimo container-level. These include Axion,
> which I know will upset Jeff. As I have stated before, WADI's dependence
> on Axion is easily removed. If Jeff or anyone wants to look at replacing
> it with Derby, it is fine with me, as long as they do some testing and
> confirm that having created a session on a single node and restarted it,
> the session survives (if the DB is still running). This needs to be
> tested on all supported containers. Axion was used because it is an
> in-VM DB (so imposes no further integration dependencies on the Getting
> Started stuff and is useful for unit-testing) and was in use by Geronimo
> at the time. So I suggest that any replacement needs to also be able to
> run in-vm aswell. As we go further and move WADI's actual configuration
> from the app to the container-level, these issues will disappear and
> WADI will be able to be hooked to whatever persistance mechanism is
> shipped in Geronimo by default.

I explained I am not happy with Axion being a dependency.  Please remove
this dependency.