From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject geronimo integrations...
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 17:49:30 GMT
Jan - FYI.

I've taken a 1.0.0 build that I have lying around (originally checked
out from the 1.0 tag, although probably slightly out of date now - just
tried updating it and only got one changed file pop up... - now at
version 365956.).

I've run the TC and Jetty integrations against a webapp with pretty much
all the jars present in WEB-INF/lib... (BTW what jars are you using in
WEB-INF/lib).

I get different results from the two web-containers.

 From TC I get the : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/activemq/ActiveMQConnectionFactory

 From Jetty I get the : Failed to convert property value of type
[org.codehaus.wadi.impl.AtomicallyReplicableSessionFactory] to required
type [org.codehaus.wadi.SessionFactory]

The Jetty issue is due to org.codehaus.wadi.SessionFactory and
org.codehaus.wadi.impl.AtomicallyReplicableSessionFactory ending up in
different CLs, and the one therefore not being assignable from the other
when you would expect it to be so. This is the same issue as I found on
trunk, so this is reassuring.

Are you seeing this issue with Jetty, or are you still seeing the same
problem as the TC integration ?

I will probably look at the TC issue first, then we can both look at
Jetty together.

Ultimately, I would like to come up with some combination of a hacked
demo webapp, a patch to a geronimo-1.0.0 release and a new wadi release
that fix the integrations for both containers...

Catch you later,

Jules

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell