From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: back from hols...
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 20:08:40 GMT
Jeff Genender wrote:

>Jules Gosnell wrote:
>

>>I've been quite clear about why I want to take the projects history.
>>
>>Frankly, I really can't understand why you guys are giving me such a
>>hard time about it. It is a perfectly reasonable requirement.
>>

>I don't think anyone is giving you a hard time about it.  If it can
>happen...great...if it can't then lets accept it and move on.  I think
>the disconnect is the requirement as opposed to the request.

OK - well. if everyone has had their say, I will kick off a vote then.

>>If you want to contribute to the thread on incubator general, jump in. I
>>am not going to bother discussing it here until they make a call as this
>>will invalidate half of the discussion that we might be having. I am
>>moving my discussion to their list.
>>

>Well this, in and of itself is the problem.  If people want discussion
>here, you should engage as opposed to shut it off.  This is the
>disconcerting component.

I'm not shutting it off, I am moving my contribution for the reasons
stated. I've invited you to do the same. Contribute wherever you like.

>>I just did an svn update and a diff and did not see anything that would
>>pose significant difficulty. If you like, I will backport the changes.
>>

>Sounds good...do you have a proposed plan for moving forward?

I posted it on the 23rd/24th. I stand by it. If anything needs
backporting, I have offered to do it.

>>another misunderstanding then - I understood that importing mail
>>archives was not considered an issue - is it ?
>>

>Apparently it is.  Is this a show stopper?

If it is not an issue, then I would like them imported. Not to import
them is to fracture resources associated with the project, which is what
I am trying to avoid. I don't want everyone to have to search 2 archives
when they need only search one. If it is impractical, then I will have
to abandon the idea.

Are you saying that it is impractical ? if so, why ? if not, then is
anyone looking at it, or should I do so ?

Jules

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell
 * Partner