From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: web site resources?
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 19:15:27 GMT

Jeff Genender wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>

>>Well, decide what you want to do, then choose the tool to do it.  Do you
>>really need the website built by the build tool?
>>
>>If yes, can m2 do what we want?
>

> Yes...it works nice.  Look at the incubation site now...purty, ain't it? ;-)

Where are the deployed artifacts checked in?

And please remove the ApacheCon logo :)

>>How do you ever know who/what deployed to the production site?  Where's
>>the record?
>

> The person's id is on the file.  "ls -l" should show you.

Oh, cmon.  History?  Why is it so bad to check in things?

>>>mvn site:deploy will deploy to production.  The artifacts, etc, are no
>>>different from a paradigm perspective than how we do it with Geronimo
>>>today.
>>
>>What?  The Geronimo site?  that's not maven.  The Geronimo distribution?
>

> I am talking about the artifacts...the jars.  Its the same.

We test them first.  There's an audit trail in the dev list for the
proposed jar, the vote, etc.

Don't let the tail wag the dog here.  Why not just check in the
maven-generated artifacts?

geir