From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@4quarters.com>
Subject Re: web site resources?
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:42:54 GMT

On Dec 23, 2005, at 9:42 AM, Bill Dudney wrote:

> Thanks Geir,
>
> On Dec 23, 2005, at 7:16 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>
>> yes, and you aren't going to like it :)
>>

> Your kidding right? I love pain :-)
>
>> What does the maven2 generated site look like now?
>>

> A broken version is currently on codehaus (wadi.codehaus.org).
>
>> I was just reading this list to propose an alternative, as simple
>> xdoc oriented site that I've used successfully in geronimo,
>> harmony, jdo and agila lately.  Very simple.
>>

> The agila site looks fine. But we have burned a lot of cycles on
> getting javadoc, clover, jxr, etc etc etc integrated into our maven
> build. I'd hate for all that to go to waste.

Fair enough.  So how does one add to and regen the maven2 site?

>> But if there's already a pile of maven generated cruft, why not.
>>

> Agreed the output of maven is crufty, what alternative is there to
> getting a whole site generated, with clover, javadoc etc?

I can't find the clover stuff on the website.  are people clamoring
to have it there, or is it more useful for people when working lcoally?

As for javadoc, I think that's a horrorshow to put in svn.  the WS
project recently did that, resulting in hosing the poor ASf mail
system as it tried to cope with what was effectively a 7G mailbomb as
generated by the svn diffs into email

>> And yes, it's good to just check in the artifacts and do a svn co
>> on the webserver.
>>

> Check in the maven generated cruft? or the source xdoc documents
> and generate then publish?

check in all generated crap you want on the site.  That makes it easy
for someone to check it out and look at it locally w/o having to
figure out how to generate it.  At least for docs and such, this is
helpful.

my 0.02

geir@optonline.net