From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Move to Geronimo Incubator - PAUSED.
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:29:41 GMT

On Dec 20, 2005, at 11:22 AM, Greg Wilkins wrote:

> I'd just like to move some of my comments from IM to the list.

YES PLEASE.

> Yes I did support Jules 100% with my +1  - but I'd like to refine
> that a little to 99%:
>
> Jules - your choice of words sucked big time: "Marshal Law"????
> what were you thinking??!?!?!?
>
> But in codehaus land, you are the project despot, so you have my
> support there.
>
> In incubator land you have earnt merit and my repect by writing
> the vaste bulk of the code, for thinking/creating the project
> and for devoting yourself to it for 12+ months without support.

And you have my respect and support as well given you wrote the vast
bulk of it.  You'll continue to have my support here at incubator as
long as you include others in the decision-making.  People are here
to help.

> So looking past your poor choice of words, I give my support
> to your desire for the move to go slower.   To get the infras
> and governance structures working before leaving codehaus.
>
> I don't think anybody disagrees in substance - only in the
> form of the words chosen to describe the actions, which are:
>
>  1) keep the project functioning on codehaus.
>
>  2) identify and fix the problems with infrastructure.
>
>  3) when everybody is happy - move.
>
> If this takes a day, a week or a month, I really don't see
> the problem.   G 1.0 is built on the codehause jars and so
> can 1.0.1 if need be.    There is no need to rush.
>
> Better to take time to make sure everybody is on board.

How much really has to be done?  I think we should just grit our
teeth and do the work and get it over with...

geir

geirm@apache.org