From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [wadi-dev] Fwd: Move to Geronimo Incubator - PAUSED.
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:14:26 GMT
Taking another run at this...

What's the issue w/ Geronimo 1.0?  That's almost done, and the last
thing *that* project needs is more changes at this point.  So really
- what's the real issue here?

One thing that's different about ASF projects is that there isn't a
Despot by name.  There are "Despot"-like people by community respect,
and they simply are able to voice concerns and convince people that
the way they wish to go is the right way.  You are such a person -
you can voice your concerns, and we'll discuss and react.

In this case, you just tried to take control - IMO, you can't here at
the incubator.  In a sense, you are forking it back to Codehaus.
This would be a terrible outcome.

I didn't know the issues you raised (maybe I should have) and am
happy to help do what I can to get them fixed.  So, please - re-think
this and lets get things sorted and squared away now...

geir

(Out of courtesy, I cc-ed the codehaus list, but we really should
start fixing the confusion by not doing this...)

geirm@apache.org